About the role:
As a software engineer, you'll work in our Web Agency team alongside other software engineers, UX & UI designers, QA and project managers. Together you’ll develop web presences for big-name beauty and fragrance brands.
In this role you will be responsible for delivering everything from additional site features through to whole site implementations - from definition right through to production.
What you'll do:
Work in a cross functional agile team to deliver new features on our clients websites.
Work closely with UX/UI designers and product owners to scope out new client projects and make recommendations on implementation strategies.
Build and maintain sites on Beamly's Web platform (Node.js with Express services)
Add the visual flair and attention to detail that'll make each new site pop with individuality.
Adopt a modular approach to create reusable components in order to provide speed of delivery and maintainability across multiple sites
Take ownership of delivering new features from definition through to deployment and operation.
Prioritise your work while mentoring and pairing with other developers within your team.
What you'll bring to the role:
You enjoy working as part of a collaborative team in an enthusiastic environment.
You value & champion good software engineering principles such as test driven development, code review, pull requests and agile methodologies.
You enjoy working across the stack - From server side rendering to writing performant client side code.
- You value the benefits of writing maintainable CSS using Sass.
What it's like to work at Beamly:
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, engage in ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We are in the heart of the West End in Covent Garden which is well connected and very well served by a myriad of shops, bars and restaurants. Our team regularly organise various social activities which include a lunchtime pool league, weekly football games and a visiting manicure service.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
- A high spec MacBook Pro with a choice of peripherals
- Private medical insurance (taxable)
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Extra day's holiday on your birthday
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible office hours
How our application process works:
- We'll check your CV against the requirements for the role.
- You'll visit us in Covent Garden for a 45-minute interview with the team – exact details to be shared in advance of meeting.
- You may be asked to come in for a second interview before a final decision is made.
- We are eager to build diverse teams and we strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. You are welcome to let us know if you have any questions or requests regarding the selection process or the role.
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered.