Senior Programmatic Manager
Beamly is a global product and marketing technology agency owned by Coty, an industry leader in beauty. We maintain an independent working environment and culture established through six years of agile product development.
We are fearless innovators of the art and science of digital marketing, combining engaging content creation, intelligent technology and state-of-the-art marketing science to deliver the future of digital marketing.
The Beamly Delivery / Campaigns team services both centrally executed campaigns in multiple languages as well as coordinating and supporting strategic direction across markets.
Beamly's product scope comprises of 4 inter-related areas:
Marketing Science: Using 1st to 3rd party data to discover and better predict effective content messaging, creative approaches, targeting criteria and target platforms for digital marketing campaigns
Content Foundry: Creative that enable brands to use data to make more effectiveness and more engaging campaign content, sourcing from Beamly and Beamly-accredited digital-first, mobile-first creative partners
Media Optimisation: Creative that enables real-time optimisation of social and programmatic digital marketing campaigns according to brand objectives
Website and eCommerce: Creative for next gen website hosting, building, dynamic user journey optimization, engagement and conversion into e-commerce and in store activation
The Senior Programmatic Manager is responsible for campaign activation and optimisation across Coty’s brands and working across markets in EMEA. The role requires an obsession with always delivering agreed campaign outcomes with faultless campaign setup and go live QA in the DSP.
With the support of programmatic planning and account management teams both in-market and ‘hubbed’ in London, the Senior Programmatic Manager will work with the Programmatic Director and other members of the growing Programmatic Activation team to deploy best in class technology and deliver gold standard programmatic campaigns across our growing brand portfolio.
- Oversee performance and ensure the campaigns implementation process across all programmatic channels
- Lead the programmatic activation team and day to day operations through consistent management processes
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on programmatic buying to define targeting guidelines
- Work with planning teams and market GM’s to understand goals, provide recommendations, communicate results and insights back to Coty brands
- Source and evaluate new technology and inventory partners to help delivery the goals of Coty brands
- Own the data reconciliation for billing and digital media tracking
- Proactively and reactively manage stakeholder expectations to a very high standard
- Attend internal (agency) and external (brand) meetings to represent Beamly Activation team where necessary
- Monitor, maintain and develop process management, standards and workflow
- Contribute to and support established best practice optimisation approaches to meet company objectives
- Contribute to and support established best practice workflow with brand teams
- Support and mentor junior members of the team and act as an escalation point for Account Management
- Escalate issues to Programmatic Director in a timely manner and work with all resources available to resolve
- Enhance the integration and deployment of new technologies and tools
- Propose technology reviews, requirements and work with Programmatic Director to influence technology partner roadmaps and internal product development
- Work in collaboration with marketing science and the reporting team to drive an higher quality of insights and get a more flawless integrated reporting solution
Campaign Launch and Optimisation
- Faultless Campaign Setup and Go Live QA in DSP
- Optimisation: monitoring performance, including pulling reports, synthesising and analysing them and making changes to the DSP
- Scheduled Optimisation Reports: commentary and insight reports for campaigns that provide enough transparency to the agency and client
- Ad hoc Optimisation Queries: troubleshoot performance/technical issues
- Ensure optimisation to meet agreed performance KPIs
- Ensure brand campaign objectives are met
- Escalation point for other members of the activation teams
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Hands-on experience of optimising online digital campaigns within the DSP environment
- Hands-on experience in managing and leading teams
- Hands-on experience of digital advertising operations (managing and trafficking online digital campaigns) including technical trouble-shooting and issue resolution
- Evidence of technical comfort and strong understanding of internet functionality
- Deep understanding of digital media technologies and market
- Digital experience in an agency holding company/agency/trading desk/network
- Ability to work independently with limited input once objectives have been set
- Proven track record in establishing high levels of customer satisfaction
- Analytical experience - evidence of having approached problems from a mathematical perspective and working through to a solution in a logical way
- Best practice adoption in a process driven environment
- Technical proficiency with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- 5+ years related experience
What’s it like to work at Beamly?
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, TDD, weekly ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We enjoy a vibrant working environment in Covent Garden – very well-connected and surrounded by loads of shops, bars and restaurants. Team members have also organised a lunchtime pool league, weekly football game, visiting manicure service, and deals on local gym classes.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
- a high spec MacBook Pro with a choice of peripherals
- private medical insurance (taxable)
- life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Extra day's holiday on your birthday
- childcare vouchers
- flexible office hours