Paid Search Manager
Beamly is a fast-growing next generation digital marketing and technology agency with a team of 160+ sitting primarily in London and New York, but with broader delivery teams across the world. Beamly’s wider team of media planners & buyers, creatives, engineers, designers and data scientists sit entirely in our Covent Garden, London offices. Beamly was acquired by COTY Inc in October 2015, which as the 3rd largest beauty company in the world has opened up uniquely rich engagement across global brands including Rimmel, Max Factor and Sally Hansen.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced Paid Search Manager to deliver best-in-class service for some of Coty’s biggest brands in consumer beauty and fragrance in the German market. The role will span both Google and Amazon paid search. The Paid Search Manager will be responsible for the media strategy, setup and optimisation of accounts, in-depth reporting.
The ideal candidate will be confident with all aspects of biddable media, with a high attention to detail and proven experience in communicating and liaising with senior client and agency stakeholders. You will have at least 4 years of digital marketing or media agency experience, so you should be comfortable in your skills to handle several projects simultaneously & the confidence to lead them.
- Operational lead on the biddable media accounts and responsible for their smooth running
- Takes full ownership of the accounts with a constant focus on keyword research, ad copy optimization, reporting and forecasting
- Optimize campaigns based on on-site performance KPIs not just media objectives
- Work with the key search networks to ensure all our campaigns go live in a timely manner and with all correct tracking in place
- Good understanding of business objectives and how to excel at delivering against these
- You delight the team with innovative strategic thinking, constantly finding ways to outperform key competitors
- Work with key search networks and key measurement platforms (Google Analytics and Omniture) to optimise in real time and report on KPIs
- Ensure campaigns achieve clients ROI and business objectives
- Deliver insightful reports on all activity, guiding brand teams on search performance
- Recommend and implement optimisations, placements and innovations
- Fully confident in use of Excel, including pivot tables, reporting and analysis options
- Work with other teams to ensure smooth running of day to day activities - our activity is part of a bigger setup with social media, programmatic, site optimisations, etc
- To communicate on a professional level both internally and externally at all times
- Drives success by getting the right people involved by being the internal brand ambassador for your brands
- Work closely with the SEO, Programmatic and Social teams to create a consolidate strategy across channels.
- Support Local GM and Media Lead on larger strategic presentations with your in-depth knowledge of the brands, their needs and opportunities
- Manages multiple projects for multiple brands across different sectors within beauty to successful completion. You need to be a comfortable multi-tasker
- 4 years previous experience in biddable media within a media agency or digital agency
- Extensive experience planning and running biddable media accounts via Adwords. Ideally experienced on Amazon Search as well
- Google AdWords Certification preferred
- Good knowledge of Google Analytics and strong all round analytical thinking
- A decent knowledge of the digital marketing landscape including social media (paid & organic), programmatic, SEO & PPC
- Demonstrated understanding of search campaign strategy and planning to brand & acquisition KPIs.
- Up to date with the digital media landscape and on the pulse with best-practise
- Previous experience across the following categories would be advantageous, but not essential: FMCG, retail, ecommerce
- Experience in using data to make decisions and to convince stakeholders and clients
- Ability to work in a self-directed way in a fast-changing environment
- Ability to rapidly and effectively understand and translate stakeholder requests in search requirements
- Highly organised with ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- High level of attention to detail
What’s it like to work at Beamly?
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, TDD, weekly ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We enjoy a vibrant working environment in Covent Garden – very well-connected and surrounded by loads of shops, bars and restaurants. Team members have also organised a lunchtime pool league, weekly football game, visiting manicure service, and deals on local gym classes.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
- a high spec MacBook Pro with a choice of peripherals
- private medical insurance (taxable)
- life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Extra day's holiday on your birthday
- childcare vouchers
- flexible office hours