Beamly is a global product and marketing technology agency owned by Coty, an industry leader in beauty. We maintain an independent working environment and culture established through six years of agile product development.
We are fearless innovators of the art and science of digital marketing, combining engaging content creation, intelligent technology and state-of-the-art marketing science to deliver the future of digital marketing.
Beamly's scope comprises of 4 inter-related areas:
Marketing Science: Using 1st to 3rd party data to discover and better predict effective content messaging, creative approaches, targeting criteria and target platforms for digital marketing campaigns
Content Foundry: Creative that enable brands to use data to make more effectiveness and more engaging campaign content, sourcing from Beamly and Beamly-accredited digital-first, mobile-first creative partners
Media Optimization: Creative that enables real-time optimization of social and programmatic digital marketing campaigns according to brand objectives
Website and eCommerce: Creative for next gen website hosting, building, dynamic user journey optimization, engagement and conversion into e-commerce and in store activation
We have a really exciting long-term project underway - building the foundations of a data-driven marketing engine focussed on optimising the Return on Investment of our clients.
You'll be dealing with a variety of data sets, both structured and unstructured and using the mass of data we collect in new and innovative ways driven by both internal company goals and your personal research / discoveries.
We're keen on true Data Science here at Beamly - predicting outcomes before they happen, and controlling our own future and business through smart, informed decisions.
You'll working closely with our Data Engineers engaged in building a state of the art data infrastructure and alongside fellow Data Scientists and our VP of Marketing Science.
- To significantly contribute to the success of Data Science at Beamly
- To be proactive in the integration and cooperation of Data Science and Engineering at Beamly
- To ensure Data Science best practices are met on all Data Science related projects
- To be active in knowledge sharing between Data Science and Engineering
Skills and Experience Requirements
- Strong commercial background with practical knowledge of regression modelling, cluster analysis and principal component analysis
- Strong statistics background with practical knowledge of Bayesian approaches to modelling, decision trees/random forests, bias and variance and how to combat this using regularisation/generalisation
- Proven experience of designing and implementing advanced statistical models (including GLM's, neural networks, recommendation algorithms, any machine learning algorithms for various purposes)
- Strong coding skills. Definitely Python/R & SQL, ideally also Spark
- Experience of or willingness to work within a multi-disciplinary team alongside engineers and a product manager.
- BSc/Masters in statistics, machine learning, stochastic processes or similar quantitative field.
- Experience of working within a Hadoop based infrastructure, for example experience of running complex SQL using tools such as Hive, Impala, Drill or Presto. Familiarity with Map-Reduce/Spark/Tez and running Machine Learning algorithms.
- Experience of effective working within an agile software product development environment including use of tools such as Git / GitHub, ticketing systems and how to create maintainable and reusable code.
- Experience with data visualization technologies such as HighCharts, Shiny or D3
What’s it like to work at Beamly?
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, TDD, weekly ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We enjoy a vibrant working environment in Covent Garden – very well-connected and surrounded by loads of shops, bars and restaurants. Team members have also organised a lunchtime pool league, weekly football game, visiting manicure service, and deals on local gym classes.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
A high spec MacBook Pro with a choice of peripherals
Private medical insurance (taxable)
Life assurance (4 x base salary)
25 days’ holiday per annum
Extra day's holiday on your birthday
Flexible office hours