Marketing & Communications Designer
Beamly is a fast-growing next generation digital marketing and technology agency with a team of 160+ sitting primarily in London and New York, but with broader delivery teams across the world. Beamly’s wider team of media planners & buyers, creatives, engineers, designers and data scientists sit entirely in our Covent Garden, London offices. Beamly was acquired by COTY Inc in October 2015, which as the 3rd largest beauty company in the world has opened up uniquely rich engagement across global brands including Rimmel, Max Factor and Sally Hansen.
As a Marketing and Communications Designer you will work within the Product Design Team a part of the larger Beamly creative team. You will help Beamly design and iterate processes, templates and strategies for internal and external communications delivering key messages to current clients as well as future partners and stakeholders.
About The Role
You are part of a fast growing design team, that includes both Product and Creative outputs, the role is tasked with the development a broad range of digital products and services.
The current Beamly Product strategy scope comprises of 4 inter-related areas:
Marketing Science: Products and services that utilise 1st to 3rd party data to discover and better predict effective content messaging, creative approaches, targeting criteria and target platforms for digital marketing campaigns.
Content Foundry: Products and services that enable brands to use data to make more effectiveness and more engaging campaign content, sourcing from Beamly and Beamly-accredited digital-first, mobile-first creative partners.
Media Optimisation: Products and services that enable real-time optimization of social and programmatic digital marketing campaigns according to brand objectives.
Website and eCommerce: Products and services that deliver next gen website hosting, building, dynamic user journey optimization, engagement and conversion into e-commerce and in store activation.
- Work with stakeholders from the teams across Beamly to design and iterate processes and templates for internal and external communications.
- Create and be the custodian of the Beamly brand.
- Work with teams across Beamly to identify communication requirements and standardise process where possible.
- Ask questions that build or help to clarify the problem statement and ensure that all communications maintain their focus on and empathy for the intended recipient.
- Develop design resources including best practice guides, brand toolkits and templates that enable non designers to create on brand communications for both Beamly and Coty.
- Create, iterate and maintain marketing deliverables including Trends Lab reports, Beamly and Coty pitch material, Case Studies, Showreels and be confident to respond to stakeholder feedback.
- Work with the teams within Beamly to identify new communication opportunities and be able to make a case to the relevant stakeholders for their involvement in taking new ideas forward.
- Advocate for a testing and data driven approach to marketing communications and communicate your design rationale to project stakeholders.
- Contribute to workshop sessions and retrospectives involving non designers.
- Present your work to the wider business at Beamly rituals including Tech Share and Show & Tell.
- Champion the Beamly brand across staff/platforms/networks.
Skill & Experience
- You have at least 2 years experience working as a Graphic Designer.
- You are an expert using Microsoft Office Suite in particular Powerpoint and Adobe Creative Suite.
- You can demonstrate strong presentation skills.
- You pride yourself on your good written communication skills.
- Strong technical understanding of digital and print production.
- You have previous experience working in an agile business.
- An ability to build relationships, able to influence, challenge, and engage well with all stakeholders.
- You understand the principles of branding and how to apply a brand toolkit.
What’s it like to work at Beamly?
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. Fortnightly we have ‘Scoff & Share’ lunches where we share knowledge across teams, and the whole company gathers together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We enjoy a dynamic working environment in Covent Garden – very well-connected and surrounded by loads of shops, bars and restaurants. Team members have also organised a lunchtime pool league, weekly football game, visiting manicure service, and deals on local gym classes.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
- a MacBook with a choice of peripherals
- Private medical insurance (taxable)
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Extra day's holiday on your birthday
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible office hours