Senior UX Researcher
Beamly is a fast-growing next generation digital marketing and technology agency with a team of 160+ sitting primarily in London, Paris and New York, but with broader delivery teams across the world. Beamly was acquired by COTY Inc in October 2015, which as the 3rd largest beauty company in the world has opened up uniquely rich engagement across global brands.
Beamly's product scope comprises of 4 inter-related areas:
Marketing Science: Using 1st to 3rd party data to discover and better predict effective content messaging, creative approaches, targeting criteria and target platforms for digital marketing campaigns
Content Foundry: Creative that enable brands to use data to make more effectiveness and more engaging campaign content, sourcing from Beamly and Beamly-accredited digital-first, mobile-first creative partners
Media Optimization: Creative that enables real-time optimization of social and programmatic digital marketing campaigns according to brand objectives
Website and eCommerce: Creative for next gen website hosting, building, dynamic user journey optimization, engagement and conversion into e-commerce and in store activation
As a Senior UX Researcher you will work within a dedicated consumer insights team, contributing to their mission of crafting insight into useful and usable narratives that brands and Beamly teams can act on. You will own research strategy and execution across a variety of projects, and continuously run both qualitative and quantitative studies.
About The Role
You will be part of a diverse team, made up of UX, data analysts, and visual designers, working on projects for some of the world's best known beauty, fragrance, coffee, and food brands. These projects focus on practically applying user insight that we derive from Jobs To Be Done-centric research.
While we do focus heavily on Jobs To Be Done theory, we also utilise other frameworks and theories, and always encourage an open and creative approach to selecting the right research method - whatever helps us understand our consumers as deeply as possible. Experience with Jobs To Be Done is certainly welcomed, however, is not necessary as we are happy to train our new team member.
A key collaborator for you in this role will be the team’s UX Lead. Together, you will ensure that all research done is genuinely understood and utilised by the brands we work with. This will be done by directly working with the brands, translating research into actionable outcomes so they always maintain empathy for their users.
What You’ll Do
- Ensure that every team and client you work with is maintaining empathy for the user through every decision.
- Ask well thought out questions that help clarify problems and make them testable.
- Define and own the direction of user research within the projects you work on.
- Run effective qualitative and quantitative studies, that work within any constraints you may have.
- Synthesise multiple research sources into coherent, compelling narratives for our clients, that truly explain what the data is saying and how they can action that.
- Contribute to decks, dashboards, reports, and workshops that explain our research.
- Lead workshop sessions and retrospectives involving non-UX’ers and more junior UX researchers or designers.
- Help coach and mentor more junior UX researchers.
Is this you?
- You have at least 4 years experience working as a UX Researcher, or similar role.
- You have previous experience working in an agile environment alongside other disciplines.
- You are an expert at all facets of planning, running, and analysing qualitative research.
- You have been extensively involved in planning, running, and analysing quantitative research.
- You are a strong written communicator, able to adapt your communication to suit any audience.
- You are about making the right decisions for users, and are an advocate for this at all times
Life at Beamly
Working at Beamly means joining a world-class team working on exciting challenges. Fortnightly we have ‘Scoff & Share’ lunches where we share knowledge across teams, and the whole company gathers together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We enjoy a dynamic working environment in Covent Garden – very well-connected and surrounded by loads of shops, bars and restaurants. Team members have also organised a lunchtime pool league, weekly football game, visiting manicure service, and deals on local gym classes.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from…
- A high spec MacBook Pro
- Complimentary fruit, snacks, bagels and drinks
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Extra day’s holiday on your birthday
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible working hours
Beamly is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
What is the hiring process?
We believe that diverse teams creates better work, and we strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. If your application is successful you will move through three short phases:
- We'll check your CV meets the requirements for the role, which are detailed above.
- We'll arrange a 45 minute phone interview with you to talk about you and the role, and gauge the relevance of your experience and your approach to working within our team.
- We'll invite you to our office to meet part of the team and take part in some collaborative interviews, where we will get a chance to see how you work, and you will get a chance to see how we work. The whole visit will last around 2 hours.
Any questions? If you have any queries whatsoever, there’s a box on the application form where you can let us know. We'll address them by e-mail or during the phone interview.
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered.