Beamly is a fast-growing next generation digital marketing and technology agency with gross revenues of $120m+ and a team of 160+ sitting primarily in London and New York but with broader delivery teams right across the world.
Beamly’s product team of 70+ product managers, engineers, designers and data scientists sit entirely in our Covent Garden, London offices. Beamly was acquired by COTY Inc in October 2015, which as the 3rd largest beauty company in the world has opened up uniquely rich engagement across global brands including Calvin Klein, Gucci, Burberry, Rimmel, Max Factor, Covergirl, Sally Hansen, Wella and Clairol. Further Beamly has a growing client base outside of COTY and outside of beauty.
Beamly's product scope comprises of 4 inter-related areas:
Marketing Science: Using 1st to 3rd party data to discover and better predict effective content messaging, creative approaches, targeting criteria and target platforms for digital marketing campaigns
Content Foundry: Creative that enable brands to use data to make more effectiveness and more engaging campaign content, sourcing from Beamly and Beamly-accredited digital-first, mobile-first creative partners
Media Optimization: Creative that enables real-time optimization of social and programmatic digital marketing campaigns according to brand objectives
Website and eCommerce: Creative for next gen website hosting, building, dynamic user journey optimization, engagement and conversion into e-commerce and in store activation
The successful candidate will be confident, experienced and organised with a strong planning and implementation background who is ferociously passionate about data driven marketing.
The Media Director is expected to lead the media team across Germany and UK working across Programmatic, Search and Social.
We are looking for someone who has a clear understanding of digital and feels confortable in explaning strategies in front of non-digital team/brands.
You’ll manage and develop the team, imparting your knowledge to develop strong relationships with suppliers and encourage organic growth opportunities wherever possible.
- Proactively and reactively manage stakeholder expectations to a very high standard
- Attend internal (agency) and external meetings to represent Coty/Beamly
Process management, standards and workflow
- Contribute to and support established best practice optimisation approaches to meet company objectives
- Contribute to and support established best practice workflow with clients
- Drive oneself within agreed SLAs
- Manage workload across the markets and divisions in order to deliver the best in class.
- Aggressively demand optimisation tools as required by the business
- Ensure a cohesive advertising message across channels
- Support Product in determining product and technology requirements (including provision of detailed requirements on request)
- Support the integration and deployment of new technologies and tools
- Base all decisions on empirical data using appropriate analytical techniques and with a strong appreciation of where assumptions are being made.
Campaign Sign Off
- Personal review and sign off of campaign expected performance KPI(s)
- Ensure client campaign objectives are met driving brand digital agenda
Skills & Experience Requirements
- Hands-on experience of optimising online digital campaigns within the Social, Search & Programmatic environment
- Have a deep understanding of the digital channels available for the market.
- Hands-on experience of digital advertising operations (managing and trafficking online digital campaigns) including technical trouble-shooting and issue resolution
- Evidence of technical comfort and strong understanding of internet functionality
- Deep understanding of digital media technologies and markets opportunities
- Digital experience in an agency holding company/agency/trading desk/network
- Ability to work independently with limited input once objectives have been set
- Proven track record in establishing high levels of customer satisfaction
- Analytical experience - evidence of having approached problems from a mathematical perspective and working through to a solution in a logical way
- Team management – significant team management and development experience including line management and HR responsibilities (objective setting, performance reviews etc)
- Best practice adoption in a process driven environment
- Technical proficiency with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- 7+ years related experience
- Excellent English communication skills, effective relationship building skills with internal and external partners
- Media Agency or similar experience
What’s it like to work at Beamly?
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, TDD, weekly ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We enjoy a vibrant working environment in Covent Garden – very well-connected and surrounded by loads of shops, bars and restaurants. Team members have also organised a lunchtime pool league, weekly football game, visiting manicure service, and deals on local gym classes.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
- A high spec MacBook Pro with your choice of peripherals
- Complimentary fruit, snacks, bagels and drinks
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days' holiday per annum
- Additional holiday on your birthday
- Childcare vouchers