Junior Digital Designer/Art Worker
Who we’re looking for…
We’re looking for a key hire to join our team of vibrant team of designers, producers, directors, copywriters, art directors and media specialists. Working on some of the world’s most loved beauty brands, the Junior Digital Designer/ Art Worker will collaborate with the Creative Team on the ideation, creative development and post production of multiple beauty, hair and fragrance campaigns assets. You will be used to working in a demanding and fast-paced agency environment and be flexible to accommodate rapidly changing workflow and client demands with relentless enthusiasm and ownership.
The job requires creative spirit, hands-on designing and art working skills and the passion to help us inspire internal teams and present to clients. You have 2-3 years art working/ design experience, preferably in the beauty industry.
- Implement brand guidelines, and ensure consistency across assets
- Create layouts, graphics, illustrations and social media assets including animated gifs
- Help develop brand guidelines
- Design mock-ups for pitch presentations
- Present completed ideas to other members of the team
- Design and prepare files for offline print such as instore point of sales
- Brainstorm visual and copy ideas with other members of the creative team
- Help Art Director put together clear contact sheets after shoots
- Create detailed retouch notes
- Discuss final art with the creative lead for each project take feedback on board and make changes where required.
- Formatting and cropping assets for digital display
- Confirm all production deadlines with relevant Shoot Producer
- Discuss outside production elements required for job with various vendors if needed
Experience and Skills…
- 3 years + experience as an art worker/designer within a creative agency or in-house
- In-depth knowledge of Photoshop and a working knowledge of other graphics applications such as InDesign and Illustrator
- Good understanding of color adjustments in RGB and CMYK workflows
- Understands multi-color printing processes and ho to work with spot colors, varnishes etc,
- Comfortable working in all color modes and file formats and processing raw camera images
- Basic knowledge of Premiere to edit video assets would be a benefit
- Have a good understanding of digital display sizes and formats across social media platforms
- Capable of quickly grasping creative concepts and artistic visions and making them a reality
- Able to independently determine and execute pleasing aesthetic choices
- Must be able to deal with a flexible process that is ever evolving to meet the client's needs. Must be able to work independently and with a team.
- Excellent communication skills (concise, accurate, and effective).
- Diligent, flexible and highly organised.
- Able to manage multiple projects independently
- Basic photo retouching, colour correcting and composition experience
Life at Beamly
Working at Beamly means joining a world-class team working on exciting challenges. Fortnightly we have ‘Scoff & Share’ lunches where we share knowledge across teams, and the whole company gathers together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We enjoy a dynamic working environment in Covent Garden – very well-connected and surrounded by loads of shops, bars and restaurants. Team members have also organised a lunchtime pool league, weekly football game, visiting manicure service, and deals on local gym classes.
As a Beamly employee, you’ll also benefit from:
- Your choice of equipment
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per year
- Additional holiday on your birthday
- Bike to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Complimentary fruit, snacks, bagels and drinks
APPLICANTS WITHOUT A VISUAL ONLINE OR OF PDF PORTFOLIO WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered.