Senior Data Systems Engineer
Beamly is a fast-growing next generation digital marketing and technology agency with gross revenues of $120m+ and a team of 160+ sitting primarily in London and New York but with broader delivery teams right across the world.
Beamly’s product team of 70+ product managers, engineers, designers and data scientists sit entirely in our Covent Garden, London offices. Beamly was acquired by COTY Inc in October 2015, which as the 3rd largest beauty company in the world has opened up uniquely rich engagement across global brands including Calvin Klein, Gucci, Burberry, Rimmel, Max Factor, Covergirl, Sally Hansen, Wella and Clairol. Further Beamly has a growing client base outside of COTY and outside of beauty.
About the role
As a Senior Data Systems Engineer at Beamly you are responsible for both continually improving and maintaining data infrastructure and support engineers and researchers by architecting and developing solutions that makes developments and research more efficient.
You will come from a software or systems engineering background and have a real passion for pre-empting issues, automating away pain, and finding root causes. You’ll find and fix things before they even become problems.
Our tech stack includes:
- Continuous delivery with ThoughtWorks GoCD
- HashiCorp stack: Vault, Consul, Packer, Vagrant, Terraform
- Automation tooling written in Python
- Orchestration and provisioning with Ansible and Terraform
- Elasticsearch / Kibana
- Apache Kafka and Spark
- Lots of AWS services
Our solutions are constantly evolving and we're always open to exploring new technologies and tools when they solve a problem.
What you'll do
- Productionising data services and ensure they are self-healing, appropriately monitored, and well documented
- Work with the wider engineering team to find opportunities for improvement and delivering solutions
What you'll bring to the role
- Professional experience in developing applications & tools in at least two systems/scripting languages (One of which preferably Python)
- Familiarity with modern DevOps disciplines and practices
- A good knowledge of UNIX and networking
- Experience of Continuous deployment
- Experience of running production services on AWS
- Have a degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 4 years of practical experience with any of the above
It’s a plus if:
- You have experience with services in google cloud platform
- You have an end-to-end understanding of modern web architectures from CDN to persistence layers
What’s it like to work at Beamly?
Working at Beamly means joining a world-class team working on exciting challenges. Fortnightly we have ‘Scoff & Share’ lunches where we share knowledge across teams, and the whole company gathers together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We enjoy a dynamic working environment in Covent Garden – very well-connected and surrounded by loads of shops, bars and restaurants. Team members have also organised a lunchtime pool league, weekly football game, visiting manicure service, and deals on local gym classes.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
- a high spec MacBook Pro with a choice of peripherals
- private medical insurance (taxable)
- life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Extra day's holiday on your birthday
- childcare vouchers
- flexible office hours
What is the hiring process?
We believe that diverse teams build better products, and strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. If your application is successful you will move through three short phases:
- We'll check your CV meets the requirements for the role, which are detailed above.
- We'll arrange a 45-minute phone interview with you to talk about you and the role and gauge the relevance of your experience.
- We'll invite you to our office to meet our team
Any questions? If you have any queries whatsoever, there’s a box on the application form where you can let us know. We'll address them by e-mail or during the phone interview.
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered.