Beamly is a fast-growing next generation digital marketing and technology agency with gross revenues of $120m+ and a team of 160+ sitting primarily in London and New York but with broader delivery teams right across the world.
Beamly’s product team of 70+ product managers, engineers, designers and data scientists sit entirely in our Covent Garden, London offices. Beamly was acquired by COTY Inc in October 2015, which as the 3rd largest beauty company in the world has opened up uniquely rich engagement across global brands including Calvin Klein, Gucci, Burberry, Rimmel, Max Factor, Covergirl, Sally Hansen, Wella and Clairol. Further Beamly has a growing client base outside of COTY and outside of beauty.
About the role
The Delivery Manager is responsible for planning, organising, and driving agile project teams to achieve a high level of performance and quality in delivering agile projects that provide exceptional business value to internal / external users. The Delivery Manager will be responsible for managing several concurrent high visibility squads using Tribal/ Scalable agile methods in a fast-paced environment that will include multiple cross-functional teams. The Delivery Manager may play a number of different roles in actual practice:
- At a Tribe level, leading and managing the overall product delivery portfolio consisting of multiple squads and/or requiring integration with other activities outside the scope of the Agile teams
- At a Squad level, playing a consultative role to drive best practice utilizing the Delivery Framework and tools whilst coaching members of the team as needed to optimize the delivery efficiency across the team
- Using good judgment and skill to reach optimal resolution through planning and managing the effort to achieve the quarterly product delivery goals within designated squads
In performing these roles, the DM is expected to use the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
Success will be measured through:
- Orgnaisational awareness / understanding of project goals / value,
- On-time delivery of well-defined schedules
- Productivity / satisfaction of the product & engineering teams.
What you'll do
- Project Planning and Management– Define project scope and schedule while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value; organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues; correct deviations from plans; and perform delivery planning for assigned projects
- Team Management– Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring and developing team members
- Product Owner Support– Support the Product Owner in managing customer expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance
- Team building– promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
What you'll bring to the role
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- A proven track record of successfully implementing software or web development projects using Agile methodologies including 4+ years of experience as a Technical Agile Project Manager managing complex projects in a high-tech development environment with multi-function teams. Agile PM/ DSDM preferred
- Prior experience with SCRUM/Agile/SaFe methodologies with enterprise-level application development projects. SCRUM, SaFe, CSM, or equivalent preferred
- Experience managing multi-function delivery teams with 5-10 team members including Developers, Business Analysts, UX/Designers and QA Personnel
- Balanced business/technical background
- Sufficient level of technical background to contribute highly-credible responses to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Ability to provide planning and prioritisation support to business analysts and collaborate with product owners/ VPs and develop strategies and solutions of high business value characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
Skills & Experience Requirements
- BA or BS or equivalent experience desired; MA or MS is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
- Strong analytical, planning, and organisational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
- Strong knowledge and understanding of technical challenges with the ability to establish/maintain high level of team trust and confidence
- Proven ability to lead software development projects and ensure objectives, goals, and commitments are met
- Solid understanding of and demonstrated experience in using appropriate tools:
- Agile Project Management tools such as Jira, Confluence, Monday.com or equivalent
- Microsoft Project, Visio, and all Office Tools
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels including the executive level
- Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
What’s it like to work at Beamly?
Working at Beamly means joining a world-class team working on exciting challenges. Fortnightly we have ‘Scoff & Share’ lunches where we share knowledge across teams, and the whole company gathers together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We enjoy a dynamic working environment in Covent Garden – very well-connected and surrounded by loads of shops, bars and restaurants. Team members have also organised a lunchtime pool league, weekly football game, visiting manicure service, and deals on local gym classes.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
- A high spec MacBook Pro with a choice of peripherals
- Private medical insurance (taxable)
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Extra day's holiday on your birthday
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible office hours
What is the hiring process?
We believe that diverse teams build better products, and strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. If your application is successful you will move through three short phases:
- We'll check your CV meets the requirements for the role, which are detailed above.
- We'll arrange a 45-minute phone interview with you to talk about you and the role and gauge the relevance of your experience.
- We'll invite you to our office to meet our team
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered.