About the role:
As a Test Engineer at Beamly, you are responsible for ensuring quality at all stages of the product development process with a strong focus on automated testing. Working closely with engineers, you’ll enable a continuous delivery framework and ensure quality systems can be deployed with confidence. With your keen eye for detail and passion for delivering Quality software, you’ll ensure Beamly products delight users and minimise outages
You’ll be part of the Data Intelligence Tribe which is responsible for bringing together all of the diverse data sources that Beamly has access to and turning it into intelligence. Covering digital experiences, media activation, campaign intelligence, trend monitoring and beyond, the Tribe ensure that Beamly lives it’s mission of being data-driven.
You will also be a critical member of the Data Science ‘Guild’ within Beamly. We seek individual excellence within collaborative teams.
What you'll be doing:
- Work closely with other squad members to build consensus on acceptance criteria, championing their importance in delivering quality software.
- Provide regular, actionable user experience feedback, highlighting the distinction between bugs, defects and suggestions for improvement
- A master of Exploratory Testing Techniques (e.g. Session Based Testing, Heuristic Test Strategy) and able to use them effectively to learn and share the findings with the squad
- Able to exploit effective manual testing through good planning, design, and prioritisation
- An expert at writing Acceptance Tests and able to train and coach other squad members to improve their tests.
- Expertise in using Git source control management
- Able to design and execute service/API tests
- Champion a ‘test as early as possible’ culture throughout the Tribe i.e. Shift-Left Testing
- Visibly demonstrates and role models the Beamly values
- Is an active player in attracting, recruiting and developing top talent
- Champions the development of deployment and operational standards
- Is avid, curious and thirsty for external inputs and knowledge; shares this widely to contribute to an organization-wide learning culture
- Proactively looks for opportunities to implement better test frameworks that ensure we deliver incredible quality every time
- Uses data to monitor product quality and identify areas for improvement
- Is passionate about quality software and looks to instil a quality culture throughout the Tribe
- Works closely with colleagues in the Tribe to define successful product delivery
- Provides important contributions to the tribe product vision, seeking out opportunities to bring a testing angle to product development
- Is an active and inspiring member of the Testing Guild, ensure that new ideas and opportunities are understood and exploited across Beamly
- Works closely with engineers to design technical solutions that are effective and agile.
- Is a vocal, thoughtful contributor to sprint planning and agile retrospectives
- Supports and participates in the on-call support rota
What it's like to work at Beamly:
Working at Beamly means joining a world-class team working on exciting challenges. Fortnightly we have ‘Scoff & Share’ lunches where we share knowledge across teams, and the whole company gathers together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We enjoy a dynamic working environment in Covent Garden – very well-connected and surrounded by loads of shops, bars and restaurants.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
- Competitive pay package
- Private medical insurance (taxable)
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Extra day's holiday on your birthday
- Flexible office hours
Our hiring process:
We believe that diverse teams build better products and strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. If your application is successful you will move through three short phases:
- We'll check your CV meets the requirements for the role, which are detailed above.
- We'll arrange a 45-minute phone interview with you to talk about you and the role and gauge the relevance of your experience.
- We'll invite you to our office to meet our team
Any questions? If you have any queries whatsoever, there’s a box on the application form where you can let us know. We'll address them by e-mail or during the phone interview.
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered.