Software Engineering Manager - Full Stack
About the role:
As a Software Engineering Manager at Beamly, you’ll be leading a high-performing team of software developers who deliver a diverse range of solutions across multiple product roadmaps. The vision for our software engineering team is to leverage the latest online technologies and deliver game-changing responsive experiences in collaboration with product managers, designers, UX experts, data scientists, and QA. You’ll drive best in class development processes and ceremonies to ensure the highest standards of delivery.
Your expertise and judgement must ensure that we make the right product decisions to reflect scalability needs, balance latest innovations with development speed and system stability. At all times considering budget and optimisation of existing assets. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious technical leader who enjoys actively owning and managing the mix between technical leadership, strategic thinking, and managing a strong team towards flawless execution & delivery.
What you'll do:
- Leads and manages the full stack engineering team
- Supports engineering team members working across different squads in cross-functional teams
- Proactively leads work with the wider engineering team to find opportunities for improvement and to deliver solutions
- Works seamlessly across Tribes / Squads bringing depth of experience in a continuous delivery environment
- Deploying cutting edge techniques / skills across:
- Building and maintaining Node.js + Express services to unleash dynamic site content on our web platform(s)
- Collaborates with Systems Engineering and Data Engineering teams to deliver an overall solution within cross-functional teams
- Intuitive understanding and use of modular approaches that balance speed of delivery across multiple sites that rely on the same technologies.
- Productionizes the development and deployment of best in class applications, from POC to replicable, scalable and scalable architecture.
- Proactively scans the marketplace for technical innovations encompassing User Experience, Design and QA to deliver best in class applications.
- Supports the development of new processes and ways of working to ensure continuous improvement and innovation
- Delivers continuous service improvement through interfacing across the service management team
- Enhances delivery by supporting internal teams and external service providers to understand and drive full utilization of the platform
- Line manages the full stack engineering team
- Provides mentorship and coaching to the team
- Responsible for personal development and training of the team
- Responsible for reviews and performance management of the team
- Demonstrates initiative proactively suggesting ways to further improve consumer experience platforms and capability within context of broader infrastructure and capability suite
- Envisions and embeds outstanding web development deployment and operational standards
- Be recognised as a domain leader in definition and design to inspire confidence and credibility amongst your squad and tribe peers of the Web Engineering delivery
- An innately strategic player who effortlessly balances short, mid and long-term priorities
- Has exceptional judgement and decision-making rigour and role models this to others
- Strong recruiter who sets a high bar in establishing recruitment excellence and owning capability development
- Is avid, curious and thirsty for external inputs and knowledge; shares this widely to build an organisation-wide learning culture
- Coaches organization-wide to catalyze the smart usage of web driven systems to exceed Beamly’s targets
- Inspires a sense of team and collaboration
- Leads by example through living the Beamly values
What it's like to work at Beamly:
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, engage in ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We are in the heart of the West End in Covent Garden which is well connected and very well served by a myriad of shops, bars and restaurants. Our team regularly organise various social activities which include a lunchtime pool league, weekly football games and a visiting manicure service.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
- A high spec MacBook Pro with a choice of peripherals
- Private medical insurance (taxable)
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Extra day's holiday on your birthday
- Flexible office hours
How our application process works:
- We'll check your CV against the requirements for the role.
- You'll visit us in Covent Garden for a 45-minute interview with the team – exact details to be shared in advance of meeting.
- You may be asked to come in for a second interview before a final decision is made.
- We are eager to build diverse teams and we strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. You are welcome to let us know if you have any questions or requests regarding the selection process or the role.
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered