Our Tech Stack:
Good software comes from balancing trade-offs in any given context and we value engineers who practice this way of thinking. Having a polyglot attitude to various programming languages and tools is a must as some of our tech includes:
- Python 3, Scala
- Apache Spark
- AWS cloud
- Databricks platform
About the role:
Beamly's core is data and as a Data Engineer at Beamly, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the development of our robust data platform. You’ll be part of the Data Intelligence Tribe which brings together all of the diverse data sources that Beamly has access to and turning it into intelligence.
- Empower each other
- Are intellectually curious
- Are proactive: who lead by example and are torch bearers.
- Are practitioners of continuous improvement and rigour in solution engineering and ways of working.
- Are active listeners and understand problems before seeking for solutions.
- Can balance assertiveness with flexibility.
What you'll be doing:
Working closely with a cross functional team of data scientists, engineers and product managers, you'll be an integral part of the data intelligence tribe and you’ll be tasked with designing and implementing big data solutions.
What you'll bring to the role is pragratism - we value software engineering craftsmanship and are looking for engineers who embody and understand good software engineering principles such as:
- Software design patterns
- Code modularity/reusability
- SOLID principles
- DRY principles
- End-to-end testing
and are open to expanding to other disciplines such as:
- DevOps and Cloud infrastructure
- Requirements gathering
What it’s like to work at Beamly:
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, TDD, weekly ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from:
- Competitive pay package
- Professional Development
- Private medical insurance (taxable)
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days holiday per annum + Extra day holiday on your birthday
- Flexible office hours
Our hiring process:
We believe that diverse teams build better products and strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. If your application is successful you will move through three short phases:
- We'll check your CV meets the requirements for the role, which are detailed above.
- We'll arrange a 30-minute phone interview with the team
- We'll invite you to our office to meet our team
If you have any queries whatsoever, there’s a box on the application form where you can let us know. We'll address them by e-mail or during the phone interview.
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered.