Product Manager - Consumer Experiences
Beamly's vision is to power brand results through data-driven consumer experiences.
While consumers are met with an overwhelming abundance of information, businesses struggle to get a deeper understanding of what meaningful interactions they could have with them.
This is where data plays a tremendous role in delivering experiences built with empathy, meeting their genuine needs. To effectively answer these needs, we've recognized that static solutions need to be replaced with a dynamic, fluid approach. Pivoting from our family of Data and Consumer Experiences products, we are now shaping an ecosystem of interconnected solutions that effectively empower brands to meet their audience in the right context, with the right message.
We believe product management is the driving force behind making this vision a reality, which is why we're looking for a talented product manager to join our Consumer Experiences tribe. You will play a key role in reimagining consumer experiences that Coty brands deliver at a global scale.
This role will focus on digital consumer experience around our key content management platform
Beamly and its in-house engineering team has built a state of the art CMS platform upon which brand websites for Coty brands and external clients are housed. It uses the latest technology and design processes to ensure high performing websites can be delivered cost effectively.
This role will lead a team focused on advancing the capabilities of the content management web platform we build, with specific focus on:
- Ensuring the platform is robust and can be used by Beamly, and potentially 3rd parties to maintain and implement websites on ease of use documentation.
- ‘Productising’ key new functionality that has proved value to the consumer and business by soliciting data in an effective way e.g. AR capabilities
- Enhancing the component set to make web platform best in class in terms of capabilities regards:
- pre-funnel lead generating / awareness creating (SEO);
- have to tell brand story through depth of content;
- focus on conversion goals like email sign up etc
What you'll do
- Work with leadership to identify business goals. From there, you will define the problem they’re trying to solve;
- Have a working knowledge of CMS platforms, ideally with knowledge around headless systems.
- Set a clear product mission, vision, objectives, and initiatives;
- Define product requirements that can solve that problem in a cost-efficient, technically feasible way;
- Be responsible for their team’s product roadmap through a combination of market analysis, user-centric design, internal direction, stakeholder management, feasibility analysis and feature prioritization;
- Consults with the team you will be leading to build a product roadmap that allows for ideation, iteration, and testing;
- Make sure things remain on schedule, solving problems as they arise, and avoiding scope creep;
- Be responsible for continuous improvement of the product, identifying and prioritising improvements and enhancements using quantitative and qualitative data;
- Work directly with peers in the engineering and design/UX teams to ensure product changes are appropriated specified, discussed, estimated and planned prior to commencement;
- Foster effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including delivery partners and suppliers as well as peers and more senior internal stakeholders;
- Provide status reporting for the projects and work-streams under your management, highlighting any blockers or areas of significant risk;
What you'll bring to the role
- Ability to remain objective and avoid projecting their own preferences onto users of their products;
- Ability to recognize own strengths and limitations;
- Ability to recognize own feelings and to act genuinely, with honesty, and authenticity.
- Ability to understand customers’ needs and to service these customers with a product that addresses their jobs-to-be-done;
- Ability to understand to concerns’ of other teams, e.g. The sales team on how to sell that product, or the support team on how to support it, or the engineering team on how to build it;
- Ability to inspire and mobilize people to accomplish the goal with a lasting value.
- Problem solving:
- Ability to collaborate with different parts of the business to define the problems space clearly;
- Ability to analyze issues to separate cause from symptoms;
- Ability to integrate approaches into complete solutions.
- Communication skills:
- Ability to communicate with people from other areas of the company as well as externally, such as engineering, marketing, sales team, UX & design, clients, etc.;
- Ability to present product vision and plans with clarity and enthusiasm;
- Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others, drawing from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behavior change.
- Innovative approach:
- Ability to create and develop new idea;
- Ability to distinguish product placement within the competitive arena.
- Fast learning:
- Ability to adapt easily to meet the rapidly evolving environment and industry;
- Ability to learn about new concepts, available technologies, solutions, and industry trends;
- Willingness to experiment with creative ideas or solutions.
- Decision making/decisiveness:
- Ability to take an initiative and to demonstrate commitment to appropriate decisions;
- Ability to gather a broader perspective so all concerned parties’ are being considered;
- Ability to recognize cognitive biases, and how they impact decision making.
- Collaborative and constructive attitude and approach when working with project and discipline teams;
- Ability to teamwork by emphasizing activity as a member of a group rather than as a leader.
What’s it like to work at Beamly?
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, TDD, weekly ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We enjoy a vibrant working environment in Covent Garden – very well-connected and surrounded by loads of shops, bars and restaurants. Team members have also organised a lunchtime pool league, weekly football game, visiting manicure service, and deals on local gym classes.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
a high spec MacBook Pro with a choice of peripherals
private medical insurance (taxable)
life assurance (4 x base salary)
25 days’ holiday per annum
Extra day's holiday on your birthday
flexible office hours
What is the hiring process?
We believe that diverse teams build better products, and strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. If your application is successful you will move through three short phases:
We'll check your CV meets the requirements for the role, which are detailed above.
We'll arrange a 45 minute phone interview with you to talk about you and the role and gauge the relevance of your experience.
We'll invite you to our office to meet our team
Any questions? If you have any queries whatsoever, there’s a box on the application form where you can let us know. We'll address them by e-mail or during the phone interview.
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered.