London, Covent Garden
Who we’re looking for
We are searching for a key hire to join our team of designers, producers, directors, copywriters, art directors and media specialists. Working on some of the world’s most loved beauty brands, the Designer will work with the creative team on the ideation, creative development and post production of multiple beauty, hair and fragrance campaigns assets. You will be used to working in a demanding and fast-paced agency environment and be flexible to accommodate rapidly changing workflow and client demands with relentless enthusiasm and ownership.
The job requires creative spirit, hands-on designing skills and the passion to help us inspire internal teams and present to clients.
Applicants must have a minimum of 6 years experience to be considered.
Beamly is a next-gen digital marketing agency and part of Coty Inc.
Headquartered in London’s Covent Garden, with a US hub based in New York City’s Empire State Building, we are fearless innovators of the art and science of digital marketing, combining engaging content creation, intelligent technology and state-of-the-art marketing science to deliver the future of digital marketing.
We are a passionate bunch of creatives, strategists, technologists, data scientists and brand specialists working in an independent and creative culture. A role in our team allows you to advance your skill set as a subject expert but also exposes you to a much wider business offering and development opportunities for a long-term career path.
- Work closely with Art Directors on the creative development of briefs, especially if this is the first time we are working with a particular client and ensure that creative accurately represents the brand and adhere’s to it’s design guidelines.
- Create digital (and occasional print) layouts, graphics, illustrations and animated gifs.
- Using master brand guidelines, develop these guidleines for use across the digital sphere.
- Create digital tool kits using assets provided by the brand, making them work for various formats: banner suites, gifs, carousel ads, insta stories, newsletters etc. This may require a great deal of creativity to make a few assets go a long way, while also attracting consumers and inciting action.
- Collaborate with Art Direction in leading the development of Brand TOV documents.
- Play a key role in the visual development of pitch decks.
- Design and prepare files for offline print such as instore point of sales.
- When necessary, help with the processing of content after shoots.
- Provide guidance and help develop more junior designers.
- QA all design work before it goes out the door.
- Help create an inspirational team culture.
Experience and Skills
- Your impressive conceptual outlook and ability to produce original ideas enables you to create dynamic design assets that resonate with the target audience and spread like wild fire.
- You understand the needs of the consumer, as well as the brand.
- Your portfolio demonstrates your experience and excellent track record of creating original and compelling design assets.
- You have excellent knowledge of design and typograph and are confident working with moving imagery.
- Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop are a must. After Effects and motion graphics experience highly desirable.
- You have a good understanding of digital display sizes and formats across social media platforms
- You’re capable of quickly grasping creative concepts and artistic visions and making them realities.
- You have a very good level of creative thinking and creative confidence.
- You work in a self-directed way in an fluid, fast-changing, highly collaborative environment.
- You are proactive and curious, always taking iniative to share constructive feedback, address concerns, and/or realy improvements needed in the creative process.
- You have a love for beauty, fashion and popular culture.
- Attention to detail comes as second nature to you.
- Minimum 6 years of previous experience in a design agency, marketing agency, design technology organization or in-house design team for a major brand.
The following behaviours and characteristics are key to success in the job. Post holders are expected to demonstrate all these competencies when fully developed into the role.
- Visual design: Pixel perfect design execution
- Creative production: Ability to respond rapidly to creative briefs and create strong visual treatments and campaigns. Understanding of various formats for different digital platforms as well as POS design and print.
- Planning and Organising: Ability to think ahead to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Influencing/Persuading: Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others, drawing from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
- Decision Making: Ready and able to take initiative, taking a proactive approach to work without close supervision.
- Communication: Are comfortable presenting ideas to senior stakeholders and internal Directors. Ability to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information. Able to make complex problems understood by a range of audiences.
- Team working: Collaborative and constructive attitude and approach when working with project and discipline teams. Pro-active attitude to utilising downtime to the benefit of the team.
- Resilience: Able to maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, challenging deadlines, increased workload, set-backs or when dealing with difficult situations. Approach to work is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
As a Beamly employee, you’ll also benefit from:
- Your choice of equipment
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per year
- Additional holiday on your birthday
- Bike to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Complimentary fruit, snacks, bagels and drinks
How our application process works
- We'll check your CV against the requirements for the role.
- You'll visit us in Covent Garden for a 45-minute interview with the team – exact details to be shared in advance of meeting.
- You may be asked to come in for a second interview before a final decision is made.
- We are eager to build diverse teams and we strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. You are welcome to let us know if you have any questions or requests regarding the selection process or the role.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered.