Art Director (Beauty)
London, Covent Garden
Who we’re looking for
A talented creative mind, with a demonstrable passion for beauty to join our team of vibrant team of designers, producers, directors, copywriters, art directors and media specialists.
Working on some of the world’s most loved beauty brands, the Art Director will work with the creative team on the ideation, execution and post production of multiple beauty, hair and fragrance campaigns. You will be used to working in a demanding and fast-paced agency environment and be flexible to accommodate rapidly changing workflow and client demands with relentless enthusiasm and ownership.
The job requires creative spirit, hands-on art direction and design skills and the passion to help us inspire internal teams and present to clients.
Applicants must have a minimum of 7 years’ experience and be confident at creating still as well as moving imagery to be considered for this role.
Beamly is a next-gen digital marketing agency and part of Coty Inc.
Headquartered in London’s Covent Garden, with a US hub based in New York City’s Empire State Building, we are fearless innovators of the art and science of digital marketing, combining engaging content creation, intelligent technology and state-of-the-art marketing science to deliver the future of digital marketing.
We are a passionate bunch of creatives, strategists, technologists, data scientists and brand specialists working in an independent and creative culture. A role in our team allows you to advance your skill set as a subject expert but also exposes you to a much wider business offering and development opportunities for a long-term career path.
- Work with the Shoot Producers to understand the client brief and establish appropriate creative direction.
- Lead the ideation, creative development and hands on creation of campaign videos, digital tool kits, point of sale imagery, AO content production, pitching, product photography for both global and regional brand teams.
- Creatively lead photo and video shoots in partnership with a Producer and other member of the team; from ideation and shoot brief development through final asset delivery and design – leveraging client briefs, brand knowledge and data produced via our team of analysts to create arresting beauty visuals.
- Think through relevant and critical consumer differences of each target audience and/or retailer when producing any and all assets e.g. Boots vs Superdrug.
- Ensure creative tells a story, gets brand messaging across and answer campaign objectives e.g. brand recall or click through.
- Solid design skills are required for this role, both in the concept and post production phases, for example creating compelling presentations, mock ups, gifs, design assets etc.
- Partner up with beauty writers during conception and post production to ensure that messaging and visuals are developed and created in tandem and enhance one another.
- Edit final results for presentation to the client and ensure that deliverables fulfill original brief.
- Understand what is creatively possible within various budgets.
- Help create an inspirational team culture!
- Portfolio that displays excellent track record of inventive and compelling creative work in beauty.
- At least 7 years previous experience working as an Art Director for a creative or marketing agency, production house or in-house design team for a major brand.
- Expertise in creative and design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- You understand the needs of the consumer, as well as the brand.
- Ability to understand the role of brand and industry, market awareness and strategic business goals to campaign creation.
- Passion for the ins and outs of the beauty industry & advertising campaigns in the beauty arena and interest in following these in real time.
- Demonstrable ability to turn around beautiful content quickly and work on multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to deliver continuous content, tailored to match varying goals, platforms and budgets
- You have an excellent good level of creative thinking and creative confidence.
- Passionate about new ways of creating stories through still and moving imagery and learning / experimenting with new tools
- Multimedia skills an advantage (e.g. stills photograph, video shooting & editing)
- An obsession with tracking which parts of your output have succeeded (or failed) with your audience - and spreading learnings to the rest of the team.
- Ability to work in a self-directed way in an unstructured, fast-changing environment
The following behaviours and characteristics are key to success in the job. Post holders are expected to demonstrate all these competencies when fully developed into the role.
- Creative production: Ability to respond rapidly to creative briefs and create strong visual treatments and campaigns. Understanding of various formats for different digital platforms as well as POS design and print.
- Planning and Organising: Ability to think ahead to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others.
- Influencing/Persuading: Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others, drawing from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
- Decision Making: Ready and able to take initiative, taking a proactive approach to work without close supervision.
- Communication: Are comfortable presenting ideas to senior stakeholders and internal Directors. Ability to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information. Able to make complex problems understood by a range of audiences.
- Team working: Collaborative and constructive attitude and approach when working with project and discipline teams. Pro-active attitude to utilising downtime to the benefit of the team.
- Resilience: Able to maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, challenging deadlines, increased workload, set-backs or when dealing with difficult situations. Approach to work is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
As a Beamly employee, you’ll also benefit from:
- Your choice of equipment
- Private medical insurance
- Life insurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per year
- Additional holiday on your birthday
- Bike to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Complimentary fruit, snacks, bagels and drinks
How our application process works
- We'll check your CV against the requirements for the role.
- You'll visit us in Covent Garden for a 45-minute interview with the team – exact details to be shared in advance of meeting.
- You may be asked to come in for a second interview before a final decision is made.
- We are eager to build diverse teams and we strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. You are welcome to let us know if you have any questions or requests regarding the selection process or the role.
Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered.