Beamly is a fast-growing next generation digital marketing and technology agency with gross revenues of $120m+ and a team of 160+ sitting primarily in London and New York but with broader delivery teams right across the world.
Beamly’s product team of 70+ product managers, engineers, designers and data scientists sit entirely in our Covent Garden, London offices. Beamly was acquired by COTY Inc in October 2015, which as the 3rd largest beauty company in the world has opened up uniquely rich engagement across global brands including Calvin Klein, Gucci, Burberry, Rimmel, Max Factor, Covergirl, Sally Hansen, Wella and Clairol. Further Beamly has a growing client base outside of COTY and outside of beauty.
About the Role
The Insight Manager runs a team of Insight Analysts who together deliver data-driven, actionable insights to Beamly clients. The team primarily focuses on campaign and media strategy, digital consumer behaviour, and digital marketing execution. Working closely with the Marketing Science leadership team, this role is pivotal in defining and shaping the way insights are created and delivered at Beamly.
In Marketing Science at Beamly, we are driven by 4 key principles:
- Avid Curiosity
Data is our raw material; we relentlessly mine it for new insights to power brand results. We believe in experimentation and exploration, bringing quantitative evidence to decisions. We proactively look for new ways to gather data and new methodologies to surface insights.
- Scalable solutions
We follow the DRY principle (don’t repeat yourself), looking always to find ways to scale what we do. We seek to automate where ever possible to focus expert input on the most valuable output. Reproducible analysis is at the heart of our approach.
- Applied insights
Beamly is a data-first organization, powered by insights from the Marketing Science team. We undertake research and analysis where there is a clear path to action. We empower our colleagues and clients with the data and insights they need to make better decisions and take better actions
- Audience first
We understand that insights are only valuable when they are understood. We tailor outputs to the needs of the audience, summarizing and simplifying or depth and detail as required. Our outputs are visually engaging and lean on visualization to tell clear narratives.
We combine these principles to deliver game-changing insights that our clients both love and are able to immediately understand how they deliver results.
Delivering intelligent insights
- Work directly with business customers to understand their needs and priorities and ensure our work delivers
- Draw on data and information from a variety or sources, both internal to Beamly and from the client, to create a comprehensive picture of the customer
- Collect and analyse information from multiple data sources using technical expertise and tools to uncover insights, statistics and trends
- Build amazing reports and presentations that clearly communicate insights and actions.
- Plan, manage and carry out surveys and market research to support campaign strategy & planning, business proposals or consumer profiles
- Analysis of social media data to provide brand health and competitive reports for clients.
- Propose new analysis methodologies to improve the quality of insight reports
- Research digital beauty trends using social listening software and third-party reports
- Produce insight reports for presentations, white-papers, and online blogs
- Be part of presenting results to clients in meetings, both face to face and on video
- Directly liaise with key stakeholders to proactively overcome blockers and keep projects moving forward including organising and leading meetings
Managing the team
- Mentor and develop insight analysts to produce fantastic work that meets and beats client expectations.
- Recruit and train new members of the team in Beamly approaches to Insight
- Manage the workload of the team to ensure requests are delivered to time and budget
- Develop new and innovative approaches to Insight and customer understanding
- Manage projects undertaken by the team and ensure they’re delivered on time and are always excellent
Skills and Experience
- Experience in running quantitative market research studies, in particular using social listening and surveys
- Experience in marketing analysis, including campaign evaluation and brand studies
- Have a strong understanding of consumer behaviours and attitudes
- Able to interpret complex results and turn data into insights
- Experience in bringing together different data sources to craft a compelling story
- Expert in presenting results of analysis to audiences with variable levels of data understanding
- Client-focused and able to understand and empathise with their needs
- Strong project management skills, taking a structured approach to ensure visibility and stability whilst also being able to run multiple projects at once
- Confident communicator and able to represent Marketing Science to Beamly clients
- Able to deliver at speed and on time with high degree of accuracy
- Collaborative and constructive approach to working with different teams.
- Experience working with insight & analytics in a large organisation
- Experience with Beauty industry
What’s it like to work at Beamly?
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, TDD, weekly ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We enjoy a vibrant working environment in Covent Garden – very well-connected and surrounded by loads of shops, bars and restaurants. Team members have also organised a lunchtime pool league, weekly football game, visiting manicure service, and deals on local gym classes.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
a high spec MacBook Pro with a choice of peripherals
private medical insurance (taxable)
life assurance (4 x base salary)
25 days’ holiday per annum
Extra day's holiday on your birthday
flexible office hours
What is the hiring process?
We believe that diverse teams build better products, and strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. If your application is successful you will move through three short phases:
We'll check your CV meets the requirements for the role, which are detailed above.
We'll arrange a 45 minute phone interview with you to talk about you and the role and gauge the relevance of your experience.
We'll invite you to our office to meet our team
Any questions? If you have any queries whatsoever, there’s a box on the application form where you can let us know. We'll address them by e-mail or during the phone interview.
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered.