About the role:
We’re seeking a talented strategic thinker/doer, who understands how to inspire effective, attention-grabbing campaigns through world-class insights.
Working across a range of much-loved global brands, the Creative Strategist will bring original thinking and a passion for consumer insights to a variety of creative and business challenges.
Our successful candidate will be passionate about the opportunities presented by combining data with creative, and brimming with ideas on how to bring this combination to life for Beamly and its clients. They will be allergic to siloed thinking, thriving instead on collaborating with colleagues from a range of disciplines (such as paid media optimisation, marketing science, digital product and engineering).
What you’ll do:
You will be responsible for bringing to life the fusion of data and creative at Beamly, in three key ways:
- Interpreting client needs, then researching and delivering high quality, innovative creative briefs, strategy documents and persuasive presentations based on robust data
- Consistently updating Beamly’s best practices for creative asset generation
- Identifying and implementing new ideas for combining data and creative at Beamly
The role will involve working closely with Beamly’s four delivery pillars (Creative, Media Optimisation, Marketing Science and Omni Channel) and, where relevant, with the company’s product, engineering and data science capabilities.
- Interpret and interrogate a wide variety of client needs and objectives
- Source and leverage relevant, robust data and insights to produce high quality, original creative briefs, strategy documents and presentations
- Work closely with Beamly marketing science team, ensuring any bespoke insights requests submitted by the creative team are clearly defined and set up for success
- Manage project workflow, pushing projects through to hit deadlines
- Generate visually attractive slides which tell a relevant and actionable story based on accurate interpretation of data
- Interpret campaign reporting and analytics to generate creative recommendations
- Attend project meetings and calls, giving engaging, interactive presentations of Beamly’s creative strategy output
Best Practice & Quality Control
- Keep best practice repository up to date with latest learnings from platforms and from our own paid, owned and earned media activities
- Consult with paid media team and organic community managers to collate their latest learnings and feed these into our best practice repository
- Represent Beamly’s POV and expertise on asset best practice at relevant client meetings, pitches etc when required
Innovation & Thought Leadership
- Identify/devise means of combining data and creative to drive business goals, working with other teams within Beamly to develop and implement them
- Monitor developments in the wider industry, spotting and tracking innovation, inspiration and potential alliance opportunities in the data/creative space
- Where required, contribute news articles and features for Beamly’s own blog on creative strategy and the intersection of data and creative
- Collaborate proactively with Beamly colleagues worldwide, sharing learnings and expertise to drive forward the company’s multi-disciplinary USP
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in an agency planning department, brand consultancy, consulting firm or large strategic planning group
- Experience in sourcing (and ideally commissioning) qualitative and quantitative research, and working critically with the end results
- Ability to think creatively and conceptually
- Strong problem-solving skills and proactive, self-starter attitude
- Exceptional writing, communication and influencing skills
- Knowledge of, and passion for, beauty and fashion
- Understanding/experience of multiple aspects of the broader marketing ecosystem (e.g. paid social, programmatic display, Omni Channel, search, UX etc)
What it's like to work at Beamly:
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, engage in ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We are located in the heart of the West End in Covent Garden which is well connected and very well served by a myriad of shops, bars and restaurants. Our team regularly organise various social activities which include a lunchtime pool league, weekly football games and a visiting manicure service.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
- A high spec MacBook Pro with a choice of peripherals
- Private medical insurance (taxable)
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Extra day's holiday on your birthday
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible office hours
How our application process works:
- We'll check your CV against the requirements for the role.
- You'll visit us in Covent Garden for a 45-minute interview with the team – exact details to be shared in advance of meeting.
- You may be asked to come in for a second interview before a final decision is made.
- We are eager to build diverse teams and we strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. You are welcome to let us know if you have any questions or requests regarding the selection process or the role.
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered