Ad Operations Director
About the role:
Beamly is a data-first company. Our mission is to ‘Power brand results through data-driven consumer experiences’. As Ad Operations Director at Beamly, you’ll play a critical role in developing the data infrastructure that supports our products and services.
Reporting into the VP Marketing Science, the Ad Operations director is responsible for establishing and maintaining the tracking and tagging setup globally across Beamly campaigns and the associated digital ecosystem. This includes development of a best-in-class strategy and roadmap as well as maintenance of the operational infrastructure.
Working closely with stakeholders from Beamly Engineering, you’ll ensure that we’re able to collect data from across our digital ecosystem and feed it reliably and accurately into the Beamly Marketing Intelligence Platform. At the same time, you’ll work with Beamly Media stakeholders to ensure tracking setup is delivered to requirements and meets the needs of the strategic marketing outcomes.
As part of the Marketing Science team, you’ll also play a key role in ensuring campaign insights are leveraged in strategy, planning, and execution. In particular you’ll work with the Reporting Specialists to deliver dashboards and audience segments that enable biddable managers to optimise campaign performance.
You’ll also lead a team of Ad Ops Engineers including remotely in other Beamly offices. Your role will be to lead and motivate the team to provide this critical part of the operation ecosystem.
What you'll do:
- Coordinate with Beamly senior leadership to ensure roadmap for Ad Ops is aligned with strategic priorities.
- Support Media team to ensure all campaigns are accurately trafficked
- QA campaign tracking, ensuring accurate naming conventions, correct Ad form setup, and correct Double Verify setup.
- Carry out checks to ensure that campaign data is being collected correctly, implementing monitoring technology and processes as necessary.
- Be the expert in Beamly on tracking technology and work with Media stakeholders to ensure we’re able to leverage all available approaches.
- Research and implement new tracking technologies to meet evolving needs.
- Setup and manage pixels across Beamly managed, Coty-owned, and retailer websites.
- Maintain tags for ad form, DBM, media math, FB/IG, Snap, Pinterest, Twitter via ad form container or other appropriate technology.
- Undertake QA and establish monitoring and audit processes for all tag implementations across all websites.
- Own the implementation and maintenance of the Neustar DMP.
- Build segments with Media managers, leveraging data collected within MIP and analysis and insights produced by Marketing Science team.
- Support Media team with ensuring campaign planning data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Ensure legal requirements around GDPR are fully accommodated in all tracking technologies.
- Lead and inspire the Ad Ops team to ensure quality work is delivered on time.
- Recruit and train new members of the team in Beamly approaches to Ad Operations.
- Manage the workload of the team to ensure requests are delivered to time and budget.
- Work with VP Marketing Science to run the P&L for the team.
What you'll bring to the role:
- Highly organised and able to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strategic thinking and able to plan for future requirements
- 4+ years in ad operations
- Confident working with data and able to understand and apply insights in marketing strategy
- Be able to work to deadlines and be effective under pressure
- Experience with Ad form, Double Verify
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Experience dealing with multiple stakeholders and large Brand clients
- Experience working with insight & analytics in a large organisation
- Experience with Beauty industry
What it's like to work at Beamly:
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, engage in ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We are in the heart of the West End in Covent Garden which is well connected and very well served by a myriad of shops, bars and restaurants. Our team regularly organise various social activities which include a lunchtime pool league, weekly football games and a visiting manicure service.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
- A high spec MacBook Pro with a choice of peripherals
- Private medical insurance (taxable)
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Extra day's holiday on your birthday
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible office hours
How our application process works:
- We'll check your CV against the requirements for the role.
- You'll visit us in Covent Garden for an interview with the team – exact details to be shared in advance of meeting.
- You may be asked to come in for a second interview before a final decision is made.
We are eager to build diverse teams and we strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. You are welcome to let us know if you have any questions or requests regarding the selection process or the role
Any questions? If you have any queries whatsoever, there’s a box on the application form where you can let us know. We'll address them by e-mail or during the phone interview.
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered.