About the role:
A talented creative mind, with a demonstrable passion for beauty to join our team of vibrant team of designers, producers, directors, copywriters, art directors and media specialists.
Working on some of the world’s most loved beauty brands, the Video Editor will work with the creative team on the post production of multiple beauty, hair and fragrance campaigns. You will be used to working in a demanding and fast-paced agency environment and be flexible to accommodate rapidly changing workflow and client demands with relentless enthusiasm and ownership.
The job requires creative spirit and the passion to work collaboratively as part of the team to deliver outstanding creative work.
What you'll do:
- Working to a brief; storyboarding, assembling and editing all video and video-related assets for the content team.
- Making creative recommendations to guide the post production of all video assets.
- Building workflow and maintaining filing systems for all rushes, deliverables and final assets which should be easily accessible to the wider creative team.
- Experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements.
- Processing, grading and basic retouch of video content.
- Working collaboratively with the Creative team to ensure all visual assets are brand-appropriate and to Coty standard.
- Suggesting and selecting music.
- Maintaining a strong knowledge and understanding of emerging trends within digital production.
What you'll bring to the role:
- 5 years working on digital advertising or other similar short-form.
- Proficient on Adobe Creative suite (Premiere Pro, Photoshop, After Effects) and Capture One.
- Practiced in audio editing & mixing in Logic/Pro-Tools. Excellent knowledge and feel for music and timing is required.
- The ability to juggle multiple edits at once, giving clear feedback on what’s possible for the allocated time.
- Experience of setting up new workflows and communicating importance of workflow to wider team.
- Good knowledge of video kit.
- Basic videography skills.
- Knowledge of video retouching a bonus.
- The ability to listen to others, take feedback onboard and execute this quickly and concisely.
- The ability to collaborate with Art Directors, Directors, Designers, Producers and Copywriters.
- A high level of self-motivation, commitment and dedication. Must be willing to collaborate and suggest relevant ideas/proposals.
- Great organizational and time management skills. Good concentration span and patience.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Have a keen eye for detail and a critical mind.
The following behaviours and characteristics are key to success in the job. Post holders are expected to demonstrate all these competencies when fully developed into the role.
- Planning and Organising: Ability to think ahead to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action.
- Decision Making: Ready and able to take initiative, taking a proactive approach to work without close supervision.
- Communication: Are comfortable presenting ideas to internal teams and an ability to do so clearly and concisely.
- Team working: Collaborative and constructive attitude and approach when working with project and teams. Pro-active attitude to utilising downtime to the benefit of the team.
- Resilience: Able to maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, challenging deadlines, increased workload, set-backs or when dealing with difficult situations. Approach to work is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy.
Applicants must have a minimum of 5 years experience to be considered for this role
What it's like to work at Beamly:
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, engage in ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We are in the heart of the West End in Covent Garden which is well connected and very well served by a myriad of shops, bars and restaurants. Our team regularly organise various social activities which include a lunchtime pool league, weekly football games and a visiting manicure service.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
- A high spec MacBook Pro with a choice of peripherals
- Private medical insurance (taxable)
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Extra day's holiday on your birthday
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible office hours
How our application process works:
- We'll check your CV against the requirements for the role.
- You'll visit us in Covent Garden for a 45-minute interview with the team – exact details to be shared in advance of meeting.
- You may be asked to come in for a second interview before a final decision is made.
- We are eager to build diverse teams and we strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. You are welcome to let us know if you have any questions or requests regarding the selection process or the role.
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered.