Senior Technical Product Manager - Marketing Intelligence Platform
Beamly is a data-first company. Our mission is to ‘power brand results through data-driven consumer experiences’. As the Senior Technical Product Manager of MIP, you are ultimately responsible for guiding the team to define the vision of the squad as well as defining the product strategy that gets the team there.
The Intelligence Tribe is comprised of two squads: Campaign Analytics Platform (CAP) and Marketing Intelligence Platform (MIP). At its core, MIP aggregates consumer data from different sources and glues it by using a 3rd party probabilistic identity solution. The aim of MIP is to create a holistic view of consumers in order to achieve marketing efficiency and effectiveness and as the Senior Technical Product Manager, you’ll be working closely within a cross-functional team of data scientists and engineers. You will have autonomy on defining the right ways of working in order to find the right balance for timely delivery and effective discovery.
Working closely with stakeholders on a set of agreed deliverables which you will lead to define and refine, you will assist and guide the team in delivering them and you will also be expected to understand and define the objectives of the product team and create necessary processes and enable effective continuous discovery around those objectives.
The primary responsibility of this role is around identifying product opportunities within Data Intelligence Tribe.
- Keep a relevant backlog of tasks for both delivery and discovery tracks and constantly revising them with the team to ensure they remain relevant and aligned with the objectives of the team and ultimately the strategic objectives of the company.
- Essential that you’re customer centric in your product thinking but also believe in the importance of nurturing customer centric thinking within your team and aim for demonstrating and encouraging the right way of thinking within the product team.
- Value the importance of effective and trust filled collaboration with engineers and continuously strive for demonstrating technical understanding of the complexities involved with solution development.
- Proactive in communicating product vision and product strategy throughout the company and to all stakeholders.
- Constantly think about the product team structure, its inherent dependencies and gaps, and ways of minimising that. In addition, striving for evangelising and socialising product principals that are based on true findings of customer needs.
- Comfortable in managing products with many stakeholders and able to establish an effective communication channel with them.
What you'll bring to the role:
- A degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years as a Technical Product Manager for a variety of companies and a proven track record of successful products under your belt.
- Experience in leading products involving data, analytics, or ideally machine learning in a production environment and have worked with a team of data scientists.
- Experience working in a cross-functional team and have led large teams in both delivery and discovery efforts.
- Be creative, analytical and data-driven in your decision making.
- Be technical and always relevant with technologies affecting your product.
- Love solving complex problems involving big data and machine learning.
- Have a good understanding of digital marketing and AdTech ecosystems.
What it’s like to work at Beamly:
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, TDD, weekly ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We enjoy a vibrant working environment in Covent Garden – very well-connected and surrounded by loads of shops, bars and restaurants. Team members have also organised a lunchtime pool league, visiting manicure service, and deals on local gym classes.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
- Competitive pay packages because we hire the very best
- Private medical insurance (taxable)
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Extra day's holiday on your birthday
- Flexible office hours
Our hiring process
We believe that diverse teams build better products and strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. If your application is successful you will move through three short phases:
- We'll check your CV meets the requirements for the role, which are detailed above.
- We'll arrange a 45-minute phone interview with you to talk about you and the role and gauge the relevance of your experience.
- We'll invite you to our office to meet our team
If you have any queries whatsoever, there’s a box on the application form where you can let us know. We'll address them by e-mail or during the phone interview.
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered