About the role:
Beamly is a data-first technology company with IP and expertise centred around end-to-end data capabilities ranging from infrastructure to platforms to applications. Our product vision mirrors our company mission: bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who epitomise our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
We believe product management is the driving force behind making this vision a reality, which is why we're looking for a talented Product Manager to join the Flywheel Tribe. You will play a key role in defining and creating a brand new B2B initiative and a greenfield product with the potential to become a game-changer for the business.
Flywheel Tribe aims is to deliver an innovative rapid diagnostic tool and framework that will aid the big manufacturers to growth faster than ever. The purpose of the product will be to enable multiple parts of any large manufacturing brand to come together under one central objective. To create the first iteration of the tool we have brought experts from data science, engineering, design, UX, market analysis to marketing. This will be a truly collaborative effort in order to create the best user-centric solution that is available on the market.
What you'll be doing:
As a Product Manager at Beamly you will -
- Work with tribe leads to identify the clear problem we are trying to solve;
- Define product requirements that can solve that problem in a cost-efficient, technically feasible way;
- Collaborate with engineers and continuously strive for demonstrating a technical understanding of the complexities involved with solution development;
- Be responsible for their team’s product backlog through a combination of feasibility analysis, acceptance criteria/use case evaluation, and feature prioritization;
- Keep a relevant backlog of tasks for both delivery and discovery tracks and constantly revising them with the team to ensure they remain relevant and aligned with the objectives of the team;
- Nurture customer-centric thinking within your team and aim for demonstrating and encouraging the right way of thinking within the product team;
- Be responsible for continuous improvement of the product, identifying and prioritising improvements and enhancements using quantitative and qualitative data;
- Work directly with peers in the engineering and design/UX teams to ensure product changes are appropriated specified, discussed, estimated and planned prior to commencement;
- Be able to define and own a minimum standard of documentation across the tribe
- Maintain a standard of product discipline including driving ceremonies and team ways of working. Work with the product director to apply best practices from other tribes;
- Maintain close collaboration with the team delivery lead to make sure timings and objectives are effectively reflected in the backlog.
What you'll bring to the role:
- Ability to remain objective and avoid projecting their own preferences onto users of their products;
- Ability to recognise own strengths and limitations;
- Ability to recognise own feelings and to act genuinely, with honesty, and authenticity.
- Ability to understand customers’ needs and to service these customers with a product that addresses their jobs-to-be-done;
- Ability to understand concerns' of other teams, e.g. the sales team on how to sell that product, or the support team on how to support it, or the engineering team on how to build it;
- Ability to inspire and mobilise people to accomplish the goal with a lasting value.
- Ability to collaborate with different parts of the business to define the problems space clearly;
- Ability to analyse issues to separate cause from symptoms;
- Ability to integrate approaches into complete solutions.
- Ability to communicate with people from other areas of the company as well as externally, such as engineering, marketing, sales team, UX & design, clients, etc.;
- Ability to present product vision and plans with clarity and enthusiasm;
- Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others, drawing from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
- Ability to create and develop new ideas;
- Ability to distinguish product placement within the competitive arena.
- Ability to adapt easily to meet the rapidly evolving environment and industry;
- Ability to learn about new concepts, available technologies, solutions, and industry trends;
- Willingness to experiment with creative ideas or solutions.
- Ability to take an initiative and to demonstrate commitment to appropriate decisions;
- Ability to gather a broader perspective so all concerned parties’ are being considered;
- Ability to recognise cognitive biases, and how they impact decision making.
- Collaborative and constructive attitude and approach when working with project and discipline teams;
- Ability to teamwork by emphasising activity as a member of a group rather than as a leader.
What it's like to work at Beamly:
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, TDD, weekly ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We enjoy a vibrant working environment in Covent Garden – very well-connected and surrounded by loads of shops, bars and restaurants. Team members have also organised a lunchtime pool league, weekly football game, visiting manicure service, and deals on local gym classes.
As a Beamly employee, you'll also benefit from...
- Very competitive pay packages because we hire the very best
- Private medical insurance (taxable)
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 25 days’ holiday per annum
- Extra day's holiday on your birthday
- Flexible office hours
What is the hiring process?
We believe that diverse teams build better products, and strive to offer equal opportunity to all applicants. If your application is successful you will move through three short phases:
- We'll check your CV meets the requirements for the role, which are detailed above.
- We'll arrange a 45 minute phone interview with you to talk about you and the role and gauge the relevance of your experience.
- We'll invite you to our office to meet our team
Any questions? If you have any queries whatsoever, there’s a box on the application form where you can let us know. We'll address them by e-mail or during the phone interview.
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered.