Product Manager - Consumer Experience (Contract)
We believe product management is the driving force behind making this vision a reality, which is why we're looking for a talented Product Manager to join the CCX Tribe.
CCX is a website creation platform which is pivotal to the next chapter in Beamly’s evolution. As Beamly looks to align its product offering around delivering profitable e-commerce growth this key role will be fundamental to leading the refocus of the product with a view to converging across the Beamly Product Suite.
As a Product Manager at Beamly you will:
- work with tribe leads to identify the clear problem we are trying to solve;
- define product requirements that can solve that problem in a cost-efficient, technically feasible way;
- collaborate with engineers and continuously strive for demonstrating a technical understanding of the complexities involved with solution development;
- be responsible for their team’s product backlog through a combination of feasibility analysis, acceptance criteria/use case evaluation, and feature prioritization;
- keep a relevant backlog of tasks for both delivery and discovery tracks and constantly revising them with the team to ensure they remain relevant and aligned with the objectives of the team;
- nurture customer-centric thinking within your team and aim for demonstrating and encouraging the right way of thinking within the product team;
- be responsible for continuous improvement of the product, identifying and prioritising improvements and enhancements using quantitative and qualitative data;
- work directly with peers in the engineering and design/UX teams to ensure product changes are appropriated specified, discussed, estimated and planned prior to commencement;
- be able to define and own a minimum standard of documentation across the tribe
- maintain a standard of product discipline including driving ceremonies and team ways of working. Work with the Product Director to apply best practices from other tribes;
- maintain close collaboration with the team Delivery Lead to make sure timings and objectives are effectively reflected in the backlog.
Our product managers are skilful in applying:
- ability to remain objective and avoid projecting their own preferences onto users of their products;
- ability to recognise own strengths and limitations;
- ability to recognise own feelings and to act genuinely, with honesty, and authenticity.
- ability to understand customers’ needs and to service these customers with a product that addresses their jobs-to-be-done;
- ability to understand concerns' of other teams, e.g. the sales team on how to sell that product, or the support team on how to support it, or the engineering team on how to build it;
- ability to inspire and mobilise people to accomplish the goal with a lasting value.
- Problem solving:
- ability to collaborate with different parts of the business to define the problems space clearly;
- ability to analyse issues to separate cause from symptoms;
- ability to integrate approaches into complete solutions.
- Communication skills:
- ability to communicate with people from other areas of the company as well as externally, such as engineering, marketing, sales team, UX & design, clients, etc.;
- ability to present product vision and plans with clarity and enthusiasm;
- ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others, drawing from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change.
- Innovative approach:
- ability to create and develop new ideas;
- ability to distinguish product placement within the competitive arena.
- Fast learning:
- ability to adapt easily to meet the rapidly evolving environment and industry;
- ability to learn about new concepts, available technologies, solutions, and industry trends;
- willingness to experiment with creative ideas or solutions.
- Decision making/decisiveness:
- ability to take an initiative and to demonstrate commitment to appropriate decisions;
- ability to gather a broader perspective so all concerned parties’ are being considered;
- ability to recognise cognitive biases, and how they impact decision making.
- collaborative and constructive attitude and approach when working with project and discipline teams;
- ability to teamwork by emphasising activity as a member of a group rather than as a leader.
What it’s like to work at Beamly:
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practice Lean and Agile mindset in product development, continuous delivery, TDD, communities of practice (chapters), weekly ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We enjoy a vibrant working environment in Covent Garden – very well-connected and surrounded by loads of shops, bars and restaurants. Team members have also organised a lunchtime pool league, visiting manicure service, and deals on local gym classes.