Senior UX Researcher
Beamly is a data-first technology company with IP and expertise centred around end-to-end data capabilities ranging from infrastructure to platforms to applications. You will be joining a team of like-minded individuals who are highly-skilled, yet both continuously learning and happy to mentor others. We are diligent and hard-working, yet know how to have a good laugh.
Working with us means you will benefit from:
- Flexible working hours (40 hours a week) and working from home policy
- 25 days holiday per annum + extra day holiday on your birthday
- Regular company socials
- Private medical insurance (taxable)
- Discounted gym membership
- Life assurance (4 x base salary)
- 5% pension contribution
- Interest free travel loan
- Employee referral scheme
- Free breakfast and drinks
- On-site football pitch
- Weekly yoga and fitness classes
As a UX Researcher within the Product Design Chapter, you will be working with cross-functional teams, collaborating with UX and UI Designers, Product Design Leads, Software Engineers, QA Testers and Product Managers. You will help the team validate beautiful and meaningful user experiences and solve business challenges for some of the world's best known and loved beauty and fragrance brands, e.g. Rimmel, Max Factor, CoverGirl and Marc Jacobs Fragrances.
About the Role:
You’ll be part of a Product Design Chapter and your focus will be researching, synthesizing and sharing findings for Coty’s beauty brand digital portfolio. We’re working on developing great experiences that include design systems, business to business products, conversational interfaces and other emerging technologies, with the ultimate goal to help the brands to extend and translate their creative direction to digital products. We also invest in your career development by giving you opportunity to explore new tools as well as generous training budget to keep your skills up to date.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver multiple UX Research projects and ensure validation is accomplished throughout all design milestones, while working closely with the engineering, marketing science, data intelligence and product teams.
- Define the right research methodology for different complex business problems and deliver high quality research to inform the design process.
- Responsible for the end delivery of your work, by coordinating with UI and UX Designers, and any other stakeholders involved in the research process.
- Awareness of any experimentation related to the end-to-end journey of any Beamly products and the dedication to follow up on their results and impact.
- Being confident in your research methodologies and communicating your rationale for such methodology to other researchers, designers, product managers and stakeholders, and being happy to take on and evaluate feedback.
- Work closely with the Product Design Leads to ensure design decisions are data-led by identifying assumptions to test, and owning the research plan to inform these assumptions, as well as influencing strategic product decisions.
- Playing an integral part of an agile team by delivering insights within a sprint, and participating in team stand ups, sprint planning sessions and retros.
- Working with other designers to update and maintain a consistent approach to UX Research that can be used across Beamly products.
- Mentor members of the team of UX Research best practices.
- Presenting your work to the wider business at Beamly rituals including team demos each sprint and Show & Tell.
You could be right for us if you…
- Proven experience in carrying out research for online products using a range of UX methodologies as an individual contributor. This includes B2B and B2C research.
- Proven experience explaining to others in the organisation about UX Research processes, benefits of UX Research and UX Research methods.
- Proven experience in collaborating with the key stakeholders from Product, Brand/Marketing and Technology departments.
- Proven experience in presenting research findings to non-design audiences internally and facilitating workshops with stakeholders.
- Are familiar with at least one online research tool such as Optimal Workshop or Validately.
- Have experience delivering research findings in an agile sprint
- Have a strong understanding of UX principles and processes
- Have experience in enabling the product team by providing clear user needs and insights to inform the product strategy
- Have experience in evangelising UX Research to cross-functional teams and to the wider business to infuse a user-centric approach at Beamly
What it's like to work at Beamly:
Working at Beamly means continuing the progress of an indispensable platform, built by a world-class team. We practise continuous delivery, engage in ‘Tech Share’ lunches, and get the whole company together for Friday ‘Show and Tell’ with drinks. We also set time aside for continuous improvement, and take the professional development of our team members seriously.
We enjoy being in the heart of the West End in Covent Garden which is well connected and very well served by a myriad of shops, bars and restaurants. Our team regularly organise various social activities which include a lunchtime pool league, weekly football games and a visiting manicure service.
Unfortunately, only applicants who have the right to work in the UK will be considered. Visa sponsorship is not available at this time.
Recruiters: Unsolicited applications submitted by recruitment agents will not be considered.