Big Bang Theory Trivia: We bet you didn't know all this lot about your favourite show!
The Big Bang Theory has been on air for such a long time, it’s basically part of the geeky geeky background. The hijinks of the socially maladjusted pals has settled into its niche, and we hope it doesn’t go anywhere for a long long time.
Since its conception, the show has grown and evolved – and we bet you don’t know these wee bits and pieces about the show you’ve come to love.
9. We have never learned Penny’s surname.
WHAT IS IT? Will we ever know, considering she might well take Leonard’s in the upcoming wedding?
8. Actor Johnny Galecki doesn’t wear glasses, so most of the time Leonard’s glasses on the show are just frames.
We bet people try to poke him in the eye. We would.
7. Kaley broke her leg while horse riding during the filming of season four, and was forced to miss a few episodes.
In her first reappearance, she’s only filmed standing behind a counter, in order to hide the cast.
6. In 2013, a team of Brazilian biologists discovered a new species of bee, and named it Euglossa Bazinga, after Sheldon’s catchphrase.
Executive producer Steven Molaro responded in a press release: “We are always extremely flattered when the science community embraces our show. Sheldon would be honored to know that Euglossa bazinga was inspired by him. In fact, after Mothra (1961) and griffins, bees are his third-favorite flying creature.”
5. Each of the male characters has a signature clothing article that is worn in virtually every episode. Do you know what they are?
Sheldon: t-shirts worn over long-sleeve shirts.
Leonard: hoodies worn over a t-shirt and under a jacket.
Raj: sweater-vest worn over a shirt and usually under some type of outerwear.
Howard: dickie worn under some type of outerwear, as well as a pin on the left side of his dickie of the head of a space alien and large belt buckles.
4. The actors learned to actually play their instruments for the show.
Amy plays the harp, Sheldon plays the theremin and the recorder, and Leonard plays the cello.
3. The original working title of the show was “Lenny, Penny, and Kenny.”
We’re glad they changed that.
2. Both Raj’s and Bernadette and Howard’s apartment are filmed on the same set and are just completely redecorated to change scene.
That’s why you’ll very rarely see both apartments in one episode – it’s a heck of a lot of work.
1. In the 100th episode where Leonard asks Penny out again, Penny is wearing the same shirt she wore in the pilot.
This probably represents Leonard falling, once again, for the Penny he met and loved in the first episode.